Monday, October 24

Long time, no blog

I know, I know... it has been ages since anything new got typed in this space!  It's because I've been so busy doing things, I've hardly had a chance to photograph then or type about them!!

Let's see, after Sock Summit I ran head first into fiber fest prep.  I had a lovely time and came home with many goodies from Finger Lakes Fiber Fest, Southern Adirondack Fiber Fest and NYS Sheep & Wool (aka RHINEBECK) luckily I was also selling some stuff along the way.

In no particular order and without pics of everything because well, I don't want to seem like a yarn & notions hoarder (I'm not and I will swear that to you unless you have a trip planned to my studio). OH and some of it is for top secret present making :)

A cute elfin project bag from Stitched By JessaLu -

is it wrong to hope these guys do a little work on the project inside while I sleep?

Recycled Silk from Hampton Artistic Yarns
I *may* have gotten more than the one hank but it was the first time I got to see it in person! I've been coveting online for a while, now the question is what to make with it?!

Also a bag of crazy, tropical fruit batts (nope, not intended) also from Hampton Artistic Yarns, besides just plain liking Debbie, she makes some really lovely stuff. 

This pile of crazy might be my first hand spun "art" yarn.  I think these colors should keep me warm & happy on the most grey Winter day.

Also from a lovely Rhinebeck vendor who didn't label their hanks (please, please, vendors: label your yarn, I'm both slightly disorganized and a little overyarnwhelmed and I will never find the card I wrote your info on)


From what I can remember this yarn is 10-20% angora and the balance is Merino.  What I know for sure is, I bought a sweater's worth mainly in pearly grey and a few bright rose hanks and this sweater will be AMAZING and for ME.

Also irresistible was this rainbow hank of fingering weight SW Merino from Steam Valley Fiber Farm


Honestly, the picture does not do this beauty justice!  Phylleri creates fantastic colorways and I have no idea what this is destined for but it will be good!

Let's see... I also designed a window for Wing & Clover in Rhinebeck


Scheduled some classes at Purl SoHo, including a brand new class to make Fraternal Knee Socks from the toes up



Made pies, ate pies.  Knitted some, ripped more.  Started tweeting.  Saw friends new & old from near & far.  Made plans.  Dyed lots and lots and lots of yarn.

So that was my "Summer Vacation".  What have you been up to?

3 comments:

  1. girl, you got some good SCORES! beautiful stuff. i am coveting everything you got, because of course i didn't bring home any goodies from any of those festivals... ;n)

    i have the info for your bunny yarn since i copied you and got some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did yours have tags or are you just a better note keeper than I am?
    Glad you showed some self restraint ;) Now, where's your haul post?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fraternal knee socks are AMAZING! Besides the fact that I love yellow and grey and stripes, I love that they are not exactly the same. Someday I will learn to make socks, and I will remember these!

    ReplyDelete