Tuesday, January 4

Welcome 2011!


December flew by in a total blur but 2011 is off to a great start. I've been busy dyeing lots of new colorways in both Splendor & HudsonI'm scheduling lots of classes here in the Hudson Valley and slightly farther afield, I'll update classes here often. 


 
One of the classes I have a lot of fun teaching (and wearing the finished product from) is Thrummed Mittens, I have classes for this scheduled at Wing & Clover and White Barn Farm. Thrumming is an ancient method of knitting unspun wool in with yarn to make a garment that is filled with soft, downy, wool which keeps fingers nice & toasty.




















I've been swatching lots for submissions to magazines & new patterns.  There are a few new JDMS patterns in the works.  Over the month of January I plan to share with you my process for designing & knitting a sweater from start to finish.  Coming soon sketches & inspirations...

One of my many 2011 goals is to keep up this blog more regularly.  I love hearing what you think, seeing finished projects & sharing in general crafting goodness.  Please feel free to share here, in my Ravelry group or my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment